Asperger's Syndrome

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Wed May 7 18:17:03 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 08:13:55AM -0700, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> At 07:48 AM 5/7/03 -0700, Mike Rosing wrote:
> >> chemicals in the environment today that mimic various hormones which
> then cause
> >> imbalances in animals, or, for instance, aluminum suspected in
> alzhimers.
>
> Al has been discredited,

  By some. It is, however, a poison, and one that migrates into any even
slightly acidic food.

> Alz is inherited, or inevitable
> if your hydraulics keep you ticking that long (a recent
> development).

  Nonsense. There are far too many very old people with no evidence of
alzhimers. They used to say the same thing about senility and dementia, until it
was shown that the primary problems were diet and/or a lack of stimulation. And
also a problem with -- can't recall the term, but it's a loss of stomach enzymes
that absorb B12.

(snip)

> >Dumbing down of Americans has been going on for a long time.  But I'm
> >not sure that's real either.  How long have the majority of people been
>
> >going past 8th grade education?
>
> "Education" has been increasing, but industrial life means that
> people can be stupider, because they are more shielded.
>
> See J. Diamond, http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/diamond/diamond_p1.html

   Ah, yes, just think what the modern protective society is doing to the gene
pool. Eyeglasses is just one example -- how many people today would starve
quickly if thrown back into a hunting/gathering culture without their specs? Or
just look at the difference in the last 100 years or so, where children who were
"slow" were kept home on the farm, never married; whereas today they move out on
their own, meet others like themselves, breed. And I'm not even talking about
the welfare aspect, or the seriously retarded -- when I was a kid there were a
lot of families with members who stayed home with the folks, or went to live
with various relations, just a little too slow or too spooky.

(snip)

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix