Asperger's Syndrome

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Wed May 7 18:52:43 PDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> At 07:48 AM 5/7/03 -0700, Mike Rosing wrote:
> >> chemicals in the environment today that mimic various hormones which
> then cause
> >> imbalances in animals, or, for instance, aluminum suspected in
> alzhimers.

Missed attribution - I think Harmon wrote that and I quoted him.

> Al has been discredited, Alz is inherited, or inevitable
> if your hydraulics keep you ticking that long (a recent
> development).

I think it's back to "we don't really know", but we may have a
way to slow it down.

> "Education" has been increasing, but industrial life means that
> people can be stupider, because they are more shielded.
>
> See J. Diamond, http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/diamond/diamond_p1.html

Thanks for that, interesting.

> It is.  Malaria kills 3e6 a year.  But that's not
> 3e6 industrials who die, and its industrials who make it.

3e6 out of 6e9 is pretty small.  What's the stats on HIV?

> The cigars that indians smoked kept bugs away, and with
> an aboriginal life span the problems with smoking were
> insignificant compared to the dangers of bugs.
>
> What is adaptive depends on your environment.

What is your environment creates adaptation.

> That probably applies to mental traits like ability to sit still,
> tolerate presence of others, concentrate on abstract lines of
> thought etc.  21st century schizoid man.

Yeah, fire did a lot for primates!

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike