patriotism considered evil

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu May 1 22:15:25 PDT 2003

    --
On 30 Apr 2003 at 7:17, Adam Back wrote:
> I'm not American.  I'm dual-national British/Swiss, I've
> lived in Britain, Scotland, Canada and now the US.  But I
> have not noticed anyone in Britain, or British press
> discussing "un-British" behavior, or putting down anyone
> attempting to ask questions as "un-patriotic". (Ditto for the
> other countries).  Press coverage of Iraq is varyingly biased
> in those countries (ridiculously so in the US, somewhat in
> the UK due to their involvement).

I do not think so:  Observe CNN whitewashing Saddam.  Observe
NBC imagining "unexpectedly strong Iraqi resistance",
predicting that the battle of Baghdad would resemble the siege
of Stalingrad, and observe its conspicuous failure to notice
that the US was winning decisively in the cities.  If you
watched NBC, then when the statue fell, you would say "Hey,
what happened!!"

Ann coulter has been having a great time parodying the foolish
pinkos that dominate the news media.

www.anncoulter.com
: :	Liberals Meet Unexpected Resistance April 30, 2003
: :
: :	THOUGH MANY had anticipated a cakewalk for the media
: :	in undermining the war on terrorism, instead
: :	liberals are caught in a quagmire of good news about
: :	the war. Predictions that liberals would have an
: :	easy time embarrassing President Bush have met
: :	unexpected resistance. They're still looking for the
: :	bad news they said was there. Experts believe the
: :	media's quagmire results from severely reduced
: :	troops. The left's current force is less than half
: :	the size of the coalition media that undermined the
: :	Vietnam War.

This is a melange of infamous claims issued by the New York
Times, NBC, and CNN --- "US ofrces meet unexpected resistance"

She has been doing much the same in every column since the
statue fell.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Mz00mZ5gWkjnT0B8TL9Q/ovyfF/rh8UgopMSl51V
     4hokukmt8BDA5AtehHVy0Gm+1fzARkRhDtq8q9MRR