patriotism considered evil

Ed Stone estone at synernet.com
Fri May 2 07:18:38 PDT 2003

At 01:15 AM 5/2/03, you wrote:
>I do not think so:  Observe CNN whitewashing Saddam.  Observe
>NBC imagining "unexpectedly strong Iraqi resistance",
>predicting that the battle of Baghdad would resemble the siege
>of Stalingrad, and observe its conspicuous failure to notice
>that the US was winning decisively in the cities.  If you
>watched NBC, then when the statue fell, you would say "Hey,
>what happened!!"
>
>Ann coulter has been having a great time parodying the foolish
>pinkos that dominate the news media.

The bias of the US news media is most clearly demonstrated by the general
absence of questions or discussion along the lines of "For months the US
sought a resolution from the UN authorizing an attack to 'disarm Saddam of
his weapons of mass destruction'. Now where are the weapons of mass
destruction? Has the US done the equivalent of shooting a man holding his
ID instead of a gun, but on a scale of tens of thousands? Wasn't WMD simply
a pretext for starting a war of aggression that had been long planed and
desired?"