Quoting Anne Coulter is like...

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Thu Jun 19 22:36:35 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 11:17  AM, Sampo Syreeni wrote:

> On 2003-06-19, R. A. Hettinga uttered to Clippable:
>
>> The detainees are in this country illegally, their co-religionists had
>> just slaughtered thousands of Americans, and the Times is dismayed,
>> perplexed, angry and shocked that some of them may have been
>> subjected to
>> the sort of manhandling that occurs in the hallways of middle schools
>> throughout the nation.
>
> Ah, yes, now I understand: in Coulter's Land of the Normal, rape is
> perfectly fine because, after all, children *are* molested. I guess she
> would also be perfectly happy at being manhandled by the local Muslim
> community for coreligionism with Shrub.
>
> Somehow I don't think I need to buy her book. I no longer see what the
> lies could possibly have been.

Coulter is an ultra-skinny (pretty to some men, not to me--if she were
a male she'd be Iggy Pop at his most skinny--see note) loudmouthed
fascist. Like many who have become talking heads on t.v., she excels at
interrupting and completely ignoring the points made by others. (Not
that I am necessarily different, but I am not supposedly engaged in a
debate with another. Nor am I on television, thankfully for me and
thee.)

(Note: If there were no lawyers suing people for their opinions, I'd
opine that Anne Coulter has the physical characteristics and the
fast-talking patter of a speed freak, a meth addict, a crystalhead,
which could explain a lot about Anne Coulter. But lawyers are
everywhere, and googling for names, so I won't opine.)

Coulter had a quotable line which shows just how much of a statist she
is: "We should invade their country, take their oil, and convert them
to Christianity." (Or words to this effect...exact quote can be
googled.)

I stopped watching most of the networks for news during the War of
Aggression in Iraq. When I occasionally land on CNN or Fox or MSNBC I
am disgusted by the repeated teases for upcoming stories (sometimes the
minutes devoted to the several teases exceed the length of the story
when it finally appears), by the loudmouthed brayings, and by the short
attention spans (a guy named "Anderson Cooper" is the worst on CNN, at
least. He almost never lets a guest finish a thought. And his
interruptions are banal, not useful as some interruptions can be.
Another CNN guy, Aaron Brown, is actually refreshing in his laidback,
Charles Kuralt-style slow examination of an issue...I ought to Tivo his
show.)

But Anne Coulter is a complete jackass. She's not even a "neocon" in
the good sense.
Just another statist.

--Tim May
"That government is best which governs not at all." --Henry David
Thoreau