An attack on paypal --> secure UI for browsers

Jamie Lawrence jal at jal.org
Sat Jun 14 17:45:31 PDT 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Harmon Seaver wrote:

>    I sure don't have any problems with word or excel docs. Ever heard of
> OpenOffice? I send people doc and xls files all the time, nobody's complained
> yet.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I have heard of it. I'd even use it for
more than attempting to read .docs, if I didn't find vim to be superior
for just about everything I do with text.

OO even parses some documents well, most of the time. Which is of course
not good enough.

When you're dealing with folks that edit, re-edit, pass around, turn on
revision tracking, fast save, pass the document around some more, turn
off revision tracking, and then email you the file, It chokes. Hard.

As Bill said, input formats are not output formats.

-j

Jamie Lawrence                                        jal at jal.org
"The sign that points to Boston doesn't have to go there."
   - Max Scheler