A 'Funky A.T.M.' Lets You Pay for Purchases Made Online

Vincent Penquerc'h Vincent.Penquerch at artworks.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 02:14:20 PDT 2003

> Just because it's cool and we can call it electronic cash?  What's the
> point?  Why would you bother building it?  Why would anyone
> bother using
> it?

Ah, to make money off it of course! Advertize it, and people will
use it. Maybe. For a time. And when it wears off, you launch
another one. Sure, it's pointless technically, but so are many
gimmicks that are commercially viable, if only for a limited time.

And maybe the LEAs are actually even pushing it as a way to easily
catch clueless criminals :)

--
Vincent Penquerc'h