Cypherpunks archive

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Mon Jul 21 17:12:36 PDT 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 19:49, someone wrote:
>   Can you make the raw mbox archive available, or do you have that?
> If it's less than about 200 meg, I can also receive it as an
> attachment, if you're sadistic with your mail server.

Let me think about it, and maybe ask some of the list members. The HTML
that appears on the web page is sanitized a bit to prevent address
harvesting. Not that c-punks' addresses are that hard to obtain other
ways, but when I started the archive several people emphatically stated
that they wanted the sanitizing.

Maybe I'll write a short script to sanitize the addresses in the mbox.
That'll take a while to develop, to make sure I don't miss anything and
because my spare time is limited for the next month and a half.

If I do make the mboxes available, they'll be available as .gz's off my
top cypherpunks page. I'll post to the list if I do it.

List members: any preferences?

SRF

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

"If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using
their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that
these people have these weapons at all!"  -- Rep. Henry Waxman