JAP back doored

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Thu Aug 21 20:54:44 PDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:
> Still useful to protect against third party eavesdroppers, I guess.

Could it be at least somehow useful as a part of some bigger scheme, a
layer of a cake? Can a distributed multilayered proxy be built with some
less-than-trusted components?

> Short of onion routing, are there any other services like that around,
> apart from the likes of anonymizer.com ?

On another note, the Sobig worm is de facto a distributed network of proxy
servers, though primarily designed for sending spam. Could it be of any
use for web? According to some sources it should be able to proxy a
plethora of protocols.