[Lucrative-L] lucrative accounts revisited

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Apr 24 23:47:45 PDT 2003

At 10:38 PM -0700 4/24/03, Bill Stewart wrote:
>If you do modify the protocols to identify coin or signature batches,
>and delete older batches of coins, you have to also refuse to cash them,
>like checks that say "Not valid after 90 days" or whatever.

Yup, and I'd prefer signature batches, I think. You can easily determine whether which signature was used at the time of redemption.

As to the duration of a given tranche, or epoch, or whatever, that would be pre-announced, and probably calculable by the number of signed coins in a given batch, and, yes, you wouldn't have to be absolute in your redemption-expiry policy, particularly if there's still an outstanding balance in an epoch's reserve account. :-).

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA