Looting of museums, banks, shops, factories--South Central LA writ large

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Apr 12 02:52:51 PDT 2003

    --

On 11 Apr 2003 at 18:53, Eric Murray wrote:
> It seems as if we're standing by and letting it happen on
> purpose.

It is really hard to police when you do not speak the language.
Furthermore, soldiers are terrible as police.  They tend to
solve all problems by killing the criminals and everyone in the
vicinity.

The looting will solve itself soon.  All regime targets have
been looted, which means that everyone now has guns.  Naturally
the looters start hitting non regime targets.  Those targeted
proceed to execute looters.  Looting rapidly declines.

Unfortunately this means that large public hospitals will cease
to exist, but small private practices should be resuming soon,
a quite satisfactory outcome unless you happen to be seriously
injured during the fall of the regime.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     ex1HQoJ2kYJwSMyp5TBLhzTH+6qqwg6ezxbM7VYg
     4q2ySdMlUgiPS7jiXdtDmfaD/3tRNLRf0h+f2/RaA