Looting of museums, banks, shops, factories--South Central LA writ large

André Esteves aife at netvisao.pt
Fri Apr 11 20:09:34 PDT 2003

On Saturday 12 April 2003 02:53, Eric Murray wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 10:00:15AM -0700, Tim May wrote:
> > Baghdad will be a basket case for decades to come...
> >
> > The power vacuum as the old regime left, and as U.S. soldiers are
> > staying out of any police action, has given widespread looting.
>
> It seems as if we're standing by and letting it happen on purpose.
>
> Part of the plan to ensure Iraq's slave status for years to come?
>
> A way to make the bulk of the population yearn for
> any government, even a blatant US puppet state?
>
> Eric

Nah!!!! Just pure old fashioned incompetence...

Running all the way for "Bagdad" Rumsfeld on sleep inibition drugs takes it's
toll...

Take for example this small news:
A group of looters tried to loot a small shop. The shopkeeper's son armed with
a kalachnikov made them run away.
What they did next? Well, went to a platoon of marines and told they knew
where was a a Fedahin Militia with a Kalachnikov...

The kid was shot with automatic weapon fire at sight without even been
questioned or the information confirmed.

The marines are so tired that they don't even think right...

(Just being cynical, people..)

Now that they are at target, they just want a good night's sleep... No time
for civilian patrol...

But you could be right. But it also seems to me that this is the perfect
oportunity to ramsack the ministries of all information, dossiers and
contacts related to terrorism and arab nations and still leave the doubt to
those people that all your references in the iraqui system were lost and out
of american hands, during the ministry and public fires...

Creating doubt to the ennemy in an inteligence operation sometimes gives you
the edge you need to achieve your goals...

Cheers,

Andri Esteves