"Guaranteed hack-free" encryption useful for Homeland Security!

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Thu Apr 10 11:28:17 PDT 2003

At 9:36 AM -0700 4/10/03, Damian Gerow wrote:
>Bill Frantz <frantz at pwpconsult.com> wrote:
>> At 12:22 PM -0700 4/8/03, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>> >http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/4/prweb61830.php
>>
>> I like particularly:
>>
>> "Patent Pending Encryption Algorithm Encrypts Data Dynamically. The
>> HyperDrive Encryption Method Dynamically changes and as it is not a seed
>> based algorithm, it is impossible to decipher."
>>
>> Now impossible to decypher is a claim I haven't seen before.  Let's see, we
>> can combine it with compression, and get SHA1, or for even faster execution
>> and better compression, MD5.
>
>This could be coincidence, but did you guys see the release date?
>
>	FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>	April 1, 2003 01:00 p.m. EST
>
>	NEWS MEDIA CONTACT
>	Jeff Fries, (919)663-6291
>
>	Web Site
>	http://www.fly-pegasus.com
>
>Not to mention that they're a web design shop...

The interesting bit is the prominence it got in the Google news listings.
Search on Homeland+security+encryption.  Then click the "news" tab.  Look
for:

HyperDrive Encryption Algorithm Could Be Useful for Homeland ...
PR Web, WA  - Apr 3, 2003

Which takes you to: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/4/prweb61830.php

Also see: http://news.com.com/2100-1025-996100.html?tag=fd_top

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at pwpconsult.com | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA