False statement: "Since cypherpunks no longer code"

Len Sassaman rabbi at abditum.com
Mon Oct 28 15:02:59 PST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Tim May wrote:

> On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 02:20  PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> > Political decisions could kill the demand driving development. Cheapest
> > way for the fringe is to inform and develop countermeasures. Since
> > cypherpunks no longer code, spreading information should have priority.
>
> This is a false statement. A cheap shot, in fact. I will stack the code
> written by attendees of the recent CP meetings against your code,
> Eugene, any day. (No offense, Eugene,  but I despise these
> "fashionable" cheap shots which miss the mark so...cheaply.)

I'm somewhat surpised that you didn't mention the ring signature program
whose source code was posted anonymously to this list a few months ago,
Tim. I'm slightly less surprised that Eugene missed it.

http://www.abditum.com/~rabbi/ringsig/

> CodeCon, earlier this year, was a smashing success.

Thank you. :)

I think that this year's CodeCon will prove that lots of interesting code
is still being written. I'm rather excited about our current program
lineup, and we haven't yet stopped accepting submissions.

--Len.