False statement: "Since cypherpunks no longer code"

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Oct 27 23:03:17 PST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Tim May wrote:

> (I have no idea why Extropy and Transhumantech are being copied on this
> message (<transhumantech at yahoogroups.com>, extropy
> <extropians at extropy.org>). Since I know they will bounce my reply, as I
> am not subscribed to their lists, I will delete them from the
> distribution.)

Your reply has been forwarded fully.

> This is a false statement. A cheap shot, in fact. I will stack the code
> written by attendees of the recent CP meetings against your code,
> Eugene, any day. (No offense, Eugene,  but I despise these
> "fashionable" cheap shots which miss the mark so...cheaply.)

I was basing my statement solely on basis of what has come across this
list. Since you cited current and important work which has not been
visible to list participants I fully retract my statement, and apologize
for the cheap shot.

(I would code if I could. Not everybody can be a good programmer,
strangely enough).