OPPOSE THE WAR! We are going to ruin Iraq to get the oil. Who's ne

Marshall Clow marshall at idio.com
Wed Nov 13 20:33:15 PST 2002

[ I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but there might be someone out there who could benefit from this. ]

Tyler Durden wrote:
>Aside from this is the issue of continued American dependence on oil, a dependence that could be greatly reduced if we put our minds to it, but we seem to be so addicted to our current lifestyle that we would rather launch wars rather than face our internal issues.

You blithely say "if we put our minds to it", as if that were a simple thing.
[ Hint: Minds have been "put to it" before. ]

For your amusement, here are a few dates from history:

November 7, 1973
	President Nixon launches Project Independence, with the goal of achieving energy self-sufficiency by 1980.

April 18, 1977
	President Carter announces National Energy Plan in his first major energy speech.
Goal is to reduce oil imports by 65%, and to reduce energy growth to 2%/year.

March 17, 1987
	President Reagan's Energy Security Report outlines the
Nation's increasing dependence on foreign oil.

February 20, 1991
	President Bush presents the Department's National Energy Strategy
to Congress and the American people.
--
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall at idio.com>
Hey! Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?