Pizza with a credit card

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 31 20:42:21 PDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Michael Motyka wrote:

> Quite clearly cash has got to go! I'm not sure how tough this would be
> to sneak past the slumbering electorate. Pretty tough I expect. But the
> usage level is certainly going down while the percentage of electronic
> transactions is skyrocketing. We've even had concresscritters suggesting
> that the transport of $10K !interstate! should be illegal. I think this
> came up when the most recent international transport rule changes were
> made. It's getting more wierd every week now. An adjustment in the other
> direction will come along soon - I hope but doubt.

I'm willing to bet that ATM machines are more wide spread and distribute
more cash now than ever before.  Anybody got real numbers for the past
few years?  A lot of those "electronic transactions" are cash advances on
credit cards.  How much cash is exchanged every day?  It must be in the
billions.  Yes, there are a lot of electronic transactions moving lots of
money.  But cash is still far more important to most people.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike