Pizza with a credit card

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Wed Jul 31 15:53:00 PDT 2002

> > One useful piece of advice:
> >
> > Don't but pizza with a credit card:
> > SNIP
> >
> > Course all those terrorists buying their pizzas with cash get away clean.
>

> I've wondered for years how much longer this
> will be allowed. Cash is still viable. Not
> as viable as it was 10, or even 5 years ago.
> I am still able to travel with only cash, buy
> a pizza with only cash, or other food, still
> buy groceries without having to produce mein
> ausweiss (why I stopped shopping at CostCo
> years back). But it is all getting stickier.

Quite clearly cash has got to go! I'm not sure how tough this would be
to sneak past the slumbering electorate. Pretty tough I expect. But the
usage level is certainly going down while the percentage of electronic
transactions is skyrocketing. We've even had concresscritters suggesting
that the transport of $10K !interstate! should be illegal. I think this
came up when the most recent international transport rule changes were
made. It's getting more wierd every week now. An adjustment in the other
direction will come along soon - I hope but doubt.