Hollywood Hackers

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Jul 31 13:41:21 PDT 2002

    --
James A. Donald:
> > The plan, already implemented, is to flood file sharing
> > systems with bogus files or broken files.  The solution, not
> > yet implemented, is to attach digital signatures to files, and
> > have the file sharing software recognize certain signatures as
> > good or bad.

Eugen Leitl
> This is completely unnecessary if you address the document with
> a cryptohash.  An URI like
> http://localhost:4711/f70539bb32961f3d7dba42a9c51442c1218a9100
> can only adress a particular document.

And then the hollywood hackers flood the system with bogus
descriptions of the content identified by the crypto hashes.

We still need to implement a reputation system against a hollywood
hacker attack, even if we address content by cryptohash, as indeed
we should.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     MZ8I0lLVaSkDBqA1K8OWTh4DR9ESyzcVVpf1x4pT
     259CijIJardotArHx0YBUaCUfOceX+5jOYxtQ+fXi