Spooky noises and things that go bump in the night

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Mon Jan 7 16:11:10 PST 2002

On Monday, January 7, 2002, at 12:39 AM, Petro wrote:

> On Sunday, January 6, 2002, at 06:37 PM, Bill Stewart wrote:
>
>> Nor do I.  If the neighbor's kid wants to steal my
>> overweight television or 233-MHz PC, it's not worth killing him for,

Bill is of course welcome to invite the neighbor's kids to steal his
stuff.

My mileage varies.

I think it is a moral necessity to kill anyone trying to steal anything
(beyond the utterly trivial or confusable, e.g., one should not kill
someone picking up a toy left out in the yard...might be a mistake, he
might be trying to return it, etc.).

Someone stealing a television or PC has certainly earned killing.

This is what strong crypto will make more possible: the deliverance of
strong vengeance, untraceably. (Hint: This preceeded Jimbell by many
years.) Fact is, many people have already earned killing. The only
reason we cannot dispose of them is that liberal shits interfere with
vengeance.

> 	There are only 3 things in my home worth killing to protect:
> 	(1) My wife.
> 	(2) My self.
> 	(3) My guns.

Again, my mileage varies. And since I decide what is important to me,
it's "my house, my rules."

I don't mind that  a lot of people are liberal pansies who believe
thieves are not worthy of killing. However, if they help to pass laws
restricting my own choices, then they have earned killing themselves.

Certainly nearly every member, with but a handful of exceptions, of
Congress has earned the death penalty many times over.

--Tim May
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things
have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to
make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"
--Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago