"Swiss bank in a box"

Ken Brown k.brown at ccs.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 07:19:47 PST 2002

Though as a matter of off-topic actual fact, no gold (maybe outside a
few labs that are trying hard) is likely to be pure enough not to be
traceable. As far as I know archaeologists & art historians (& I assume
police) have been matching gold artefacts to their sources for some time
now. Not as easy as copper (or oil - tax people like being able to trace
oil to wells) but doable.

Doesn't alter Tim's point that you can obscure the origins my mixing
gold from different places of course. Not, I imagine, something that
anyone actually ever does, but it would obviously work.

Googling for "gold isotope provenance" got me 911 hits.

Ken Brown