DBCs now issued by DMT

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Mon Dec 9 00:57:11 PST 2002

At 02:17 AM 12/05/2002 +0000, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
>OK, suppose we've got a bank that issues bearer "money".
>Who owns the bank? It should be owned by bearer shares, of course.

Why?

>Or the propounders wanting to: make a profit/control the bank?

There are two main reasons honest people start banks -
- either they want to make a profit / gain control / etc.
- or else they want to get banking services with some
         predictability they're not finding in the commercial market,
         e.g. in the US, this is a Credit Union,
         or in many cultures, this is some family or private
         group that lends money to each other.