DBCs now issued by DMT

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 18:07:34 PST 2002

I too admit of having done some imbibing (Belgian ale I'm afraid).

I was thinking about this on the heels of your last lubricated missive, and
a very similar thing occurred to me.

Actually, something far less ambitious (in the short run)...

First of all, I see no deep reason why some bank acount (or, more likely, a
whole bunch of 'em) can't be auto-administered like a simple mini bank. It
would be auto-administered via the votes of its "owners", who have never
met, and who are unaware of the real names of the other owners. Owners vote
to lend money out of this account to whomever.

As for the administration, well that's 'obviously' handled by a proxy
program somewhere, that translates the votes into actual decisions about the
account (including loan amount, interest rate, debt-to-liquidity ratio and
so on).

Needless to say, since this account is tied to one or more denominations, it
could eventually be shutdown through the concerted actions of various
governments. But the mechanisms of such a "bank" are (I think) independent
of the possibility of reliability of a future digital currency. (And of
course, there's a lot such a "bank" could do before getting shut down.)

The tough thing (or perhaps not..someone here must surely know) is the
possibility of lending money to persons who are unidentified in "meatspace".
(But then again, even in the non-Cyber world, 'meatspace' is very rarely an
issue when lending money...it all boils down to credit records anyway...)