SYMBOL

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Sep 16 13:41:57 PDT 2001

Sandy, not to disagree with you, but

>Ants do not build cloud piercing towers of adamantine steel and glass, the
>mind of man does.  YMMV.

this describes stolen jumbo-sized Stingers, dual-use at its best.

No joke, the mind of man is a hyde and jekyl, at home and overseas.

What I like about this list is the complicity it pushes in our pusses,
all rouged with technology in the service of mankind being turned
on its profiteers. No scientist, no engineer, no programmer, no
snotty architect, is not faithfully mirrored in WTC targeting and
collapse. Along with our masterpieces of exculpation: well, of
course, had we known that it would have been different, or let
us rebuild monumentally to deny our seeing more about ourselves
in the rubble than bearable.

Why not leave the rubble for the unburnished truth it tells?

"The Bombed Buildings of Britain" was a best seller several
decades ago. Ruins of structures in Britain, Germany and
a host of wartorn countries have been stabilized and preserved
to show a record of violence too often terribly misrepresented
by orderly rows of white crosses, eternal flames and black Vs of
54,000 nyms.

No doubt 8 blocks of stinking rotting rubble, stabbed with giant
shards of WTC's savaged facade would be a bit too daring for
sacred-cowed Manhattan.