SYMBOL

Harmon Seaver hseaver at ameritech.net
Sun Sep 16 10:40:05 PDT 2001

Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> > Antheaps are for ants.
>
> Ants do not build cloud piercing towers of adamantine steel and glass, the
> mind of man does.  YMMV.

       Actually, they do. At least in ant terms they do.  Some ants build
extremely high (relative to their size) towers, others build in trees,
bushes, etc. And they communicate, very well in fact, and use boats, fight
wars, farm, herd, have slaves - in short pretty much everything humans do,
albeit a bit differently. We can only conjecture about whether they have
religion, literature (could be at least oral tradition literature), music,
and the like, but I certainly wouldn't doubt it.
        Although when ants build hi-rises, it's for a good, sound,
environmental reason.

Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix
Work 920-203-9633   hseaver at cybershamanix.com