Those who give up liberty in favor of security deserve neither

Meyer Wolfsheim wolf at priori.net
Sat Sep 15 11:54:39 PDT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Tim May wrote:

> Funny, I notice how many of the critics of Cypherpunks and supporters of
> this express train approach to repealing the Bill of Rights are
> themselves hiding behind Cypherpunks remailers, Hushmail aliases, and
> Ziplip nyms.

That is because they fear *us*, Tim, not their goverments. These are the
people who believe that Law Enforcement Agencies know best, and the only
protection they need is that which prevents their fellow citizens from
harming them. They'd happily use government-operated remailers.

To them, Men with Badges are a better breed.

-MW-