MARTIAL LAW Cypherpunks and terrorism

!Dr. Joe Baptista baptista at pccf.net
Fri Sep 14 07:57:20 PDT 2001

James - I find your statements incredible.  America is being attacked for
being rich and free?  I don't think so.  That is however a good argument
as to why people immigrate there - but that's the extent of it.

If these people are arabs - and i still don't have any proof of that -
then we can assume they blew up the WTC in protest of americas support of
terror and antidemocratic institutions - i.e. the palestinian israel
problems.

The jihad is an action against the fundamental laws of Allah (God) which
are more or less the same laws outlined in the holy bible - old
testament.  The jihad is an action against those who offend the word and
laws of God.

Being free and being rich is not an offense against God.  However claiming
to be the advicates of democracy and freedom while simultaneously
supporting offensive regeims is an offense against God and common sense
for that matter.

Last night I had the opportunity of watching the CBC a canadian
program.  It was a public participation forum - and i'll tell you anytime
the american advocates claimed they were bombed because it was an attack
against democracy and freedom all the canadian participants laughed.

It became ridiculous watching this.

I have many american friends who are very angry these days.  Many very
depressed.  Many have lost a great deal.  And this is fueling a potential
war which will make vietnam look like a broadway comedy.  many american
boys are going to die over this one and i find that an even greater
tragedy.

Don't forget James - if in fact Bin Landen is involved in this then the
facts remain that the US Government sponsored and assisted him during the
Russian occupation of afganistan.  So we can argue here that your
government not only has created arab hatred against itself by sponsoring
organizations which oppress the arabs - but the US has also been
instramental in setting up the very infrastructure Ben Laden has used to
train these "terrorists".

My greatest fear is that the american people are going to go to war.  A
war which will inevitably be imported onto US soil.  How many Timothy
Mcveis are there ticking in america.  And how many arab extremists are in
the U.S.

But in the worst case senariou maybe this has to happen.  Maybe america
need to feel the impact of terror that Israeli citizens has felt in order
for it to realize that Democracy and Freedoms are fundamental to all
citizens on this planet - and not a perk based on nationality, creed nor
color.  And I find that possibility very regretable.

regards
joe

--
Joe Baptista

The dot.GOD Registry, Limited
The Executive Plaza, Suite 908
150 West 51st Street                     Tel: 1 (208) 330-4173
Manhattan Island NYC 10019 USA           Fax: 1 (208) 293-9773