The Escrowed Diary of Anne Frank

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Sep 14 10:06:44 PDT 2001

On Friday, September 14, 2001, at 09:48 AM, chefren wrote:

> What I described, is approved by almost all members of
> parliament of the pretty democratic country called "The
> Netherlands". Unregulated use of strong encryption is not
> forbidden yet, but we will see. If you just put people on
> an Enemies List and forget to argue you won't come far in a
> democratic country.

The time for argument is past.

And "democracy" is the pair of wolves outvoting the sheep on what's for
dinner.

Or Hans and Marta outvoting Anne on what she may write in her diary.

Your "pick your approved provider" is probably acceptable to the Dutch.
They accepted past repressions very well, of course.

--Tim May