"Ending States That Support Terrorism"

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Sep 13 20:58:05 PDT 2001

On Thursday, September 13, 2001, at 08:48 PM, Lucky Green wrote:

> Tim wrote:
> ---------
> (Not that this would have stopped the WTC cells from planning their
> attacks in apartments, motel rooms, etc., nor from using the signals
> they sent over pagers and cell phones. Good old-fashoned codes are
> impossible to defeat.)
> ---------
>
> Something must be done about that. How about passing a law that all
> smoke
> detectors (already required in hotels and apartments) contain small
> cameras
> and microphones for law enforcement access in the defense of the
> homeland
> only?
>
> Undoubtedly, this modest measure would be a reasonable compromise
> between
> liberty and safety.
>
> --Lucky, who is presently listening to CNet Radio "The Voice of
> Technology"
> calling for a ban on unescrowed encryption without backdoors in the
> wake of
> the recent terrorist attacks. http://www.cnet.com/cnettv/0-1519376.html#
>
> "You have to know that to gain certain security, you must give up
> certain
> rights". Direct quote from the host.

This shows how rapidly the freight train has gathered steam. Even the
_tech_ reporters, with a few obvious exceptions, are leading the calls
for suppressing the Bill of Rights.

Be sure to get the name of the host for the files. When this war is
over, I expect hundreds of thousands will need to be sent to the wall.

--Tim May