Melon traffickers --> Soul traffickers

A. Melon juicy at melontraffickers.com
Wed Sep 5 18:06:29 PDT 2001

Tim May writes:
> I often talk about "re-commenters" (hyphen added to emphasize the
> "commenter" part). If I get mail, or letters, or e-mail, and then pass
> it along to my friends or others, WHERE IN THE FIRST does it say I need
> permission from government?

You're absolutely right, no law could stop you from being a re-commenter.
However, you would be liable for everything you said.  This would mean
that you pay the penalty for any illegal message, any obscenity, any
violation of copyright.

In short being a re-commenter buys you absolutely nothing.  Any message
so innocuous that it could be delivered by a re-commenter (like this one,
for example) does not really need anonymity.