Melon traffickers --> Soul traffickers

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 5 19:51:44 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, September 5, 2001, at 06:06 PM, A. Melon wrote:

> Tim May writes:
>> I often talk about "re-commenters" (hyphen added to emphasize the
>> "commenter" part). If I get mail, or letters, or e-mail, and then pass
>> it along to my friends or others, WHERE IN THE FIRST does it say I need
>> permission from government?
>
> You're absolutely right, no law could stop you from being a
> re-commenter.
> However, you would be liable for everything you said.  This would mean
> that you pay the penalty for any illegal message, any obscenity, any
> violation of copyright.
>
> In short being a re-commenter buys you absolutely nothing.  Any message
> so innocuous that it could be delivered by a re-commenter (like this
> one,
> for example) does not really need anonymity.

Including this one?:

Hey, Nomen, I just got this message. Any idea what it means?

pQuusuSljjFEVQYWgG/YM+3V2K3+9lptlWVBr3axwLr3iHqmcDQzGEnTASI/k2oy
WSkeNUb2W2nNREAe0DhRMPJ5n44RTk+HOH6TLUtxCyez1UaAvtu7kdGUgk9/zSLZ
V/HXFANMv23abUS/VCBFSTQz2nLZC/BDy5KhkndAL/ugL9/eqgiPr3mMrWCBPXoi
GdG78lSIrFAzo0Gw5pzUOj3NJiew1a+Sjp2iJCuIJbXxhxeYZMqUNU9ZxEVLHtV5
fpljlUtrUE+AZfIwFZeW3RIYSuc5hgo8Rv/qzapU8NSlBkT0NH6riKV2dx66RvvJ
z44/EQrBX5FmbET4/YQKRQXaxgN0+e9ZXXwQg7B8y/b1RW4J9aslTOl8Emc6uokz
SqKlB8ACdu/I6LczYB2LBMr7bUsh0ty1oWUsv8vEouNhEYEbkBZL3vdvrw6dBg8e
hzFExtj9HgMvkVIE9E91CD0=
=EYfM