Cypherpunks idiots list

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Tue Oct 23 11:40:53 PDT 2001

Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Posters to the cypherpunks list can be divided into idiots and others.
> The lists below can't cover everyone, but here is a sampling of recent
> posters.  Note: if you are an idiot, you may not like being informed
> of this fact.  Nevertheless you will find few non-idiots who will disagree
> with your classification.  Go ahead and ask for anyone on the non-idiots
> list to vouch for you, if you have the balls.

I don't think my self-esteem will be greatly damaged by someone without
the balls to attach his own name to his message. When Tim called for a
fatwah against me a year ago, following a misunderstanding about
something I wrote, he at least had the balls to do so over his own name.

And now that I think about it, there's no real indication that you are a
"someone". Quite likely you're just a dumbassbot hiding behind an
anonymizer.

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato