And another one bites the dust, another one down, another one down

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Sun Oct 21 23:30:49 PDT 2001

At 08:30 PM 10/21/2001 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>I saw the Sturgeon General explaining that "we now have better treatment
>methods."

Depends a lot on which strain it is - some varieties of anthrax are
treatable by penicillin and some other common antibiotics,
while others are resistent and need Cipro.
Unfortunately, telling them apart takes a couple of days of culturing,
during which time your patient dies if you guessed wrong,
but apparently the penicillins do a much better job when they work
without being anywhere near as nasty for the patient.