don't write "fags" on military bombs, its not polite

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Thu Oct 18 18:35:54 PDT 2001

Tabla bin Rasa wrote:

> Anti-Gay Bomb Slur Wrong, Navy Says
> ``We immediately notified Navy commanders involved with Operation
> Enduring Freedom to ensure steps were taken to
> prevent a recurrence of this unfortunate incident. They have done so,''
> Pietropaoli wrote.

Ironic name for the operation. I guess American sailors have the
enduring freedom to be complete conformists to the current orthodoxy,
and the rest of Americans have the enduring freedom to pay for it.

Incidentally, if the bomb had said "High Jack This, Sheep Fuckers",
would PETA have filed a complaint?

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel
  617-670-3793

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly
while bad people will find a way around the laws." -- Plato