Reply from Zero-Knowledge

Dov Smith dov at zeroknowledge.com
Thu Oct 18 15:17:31 PDT 2001

Hey Declan,

I want to start by saying that Zero-Knowledge absolutely does not track or
profile the users of its Freedom Privacy & Security Tools 3.0 software.

Our software loads updates (e.g. Ad Manager files and e-wallet scripts) as
well as privacy-related content via HTTP. This was the case with previous
versions of the software and is still true today, although today it may
appear more prominent since we have designed Freedom 3.0 with a new user
interface and are carrying more privacy content.

This HTTP activity is covered by our privacy policies.

As for cookies, Zero-Knowledge has always used cookies on its websites, for
the purposes of store-, affiliate- and state-management. These practices are
also reflected in our privacy policies.

Declan, if you still think this is worth forwarding on, I'd appreciate your
at least changing the subject header you sent me. The implication that
delivering web content means tracking users, is mistaken.

Best regards,

Dov

  Dov Smith
  PR Director, Zero-Knowledge Systems