Books being banned on planes...

Optimizzin Al-gorithm oa at acm.org
Thu Oct 18 17:05:25 PDT 2001

At 03:09 PM 10/18/01 -0700, j eric townsend wrote:
>How to get detained and miss your flight.
>Bring the wrong book with you:
>
>http://www.citypaper.net/articles/101801/news.godfrey.shtml

>Plus, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations
>stipulate that any passenger who jokes about explosives be arrested on
the spot. By
>contrast, Godfrey was never charged or even accused of breaking the
law. I

But the security personnel joke all they want.

I flew out of San Jose after they gotten national guardsmen.

Going through security, a security dude looks at my bottle of water,
opens it, sniffs it, and acts like he's just whiffed sarin.  Then
he smiles and puts it back in my bag.  I'm thinking, what an asshole,
if I did that I'd be screwed.  And I'm lucky no nervous guardsman
saw his stunt from across the room and didn't see the laugh
while he was slinging his M-16 around..

Wonder what they'll think if I bring my copy of _Demolition: the art of
demolishing
dismantling imploding toppling & razing_ by H. Liss & the Loizeauxs.
The cover
is a four-picture series of a hotel falling, less cleanly than the WTC
actually.  (But
it looks like it was brick.)

Or maybe _Why buildings fall down_ which has a B-25 bomber flying
into a skyscraper (ca. 1945).  Don't need Hollywood for that idea.