bush wheels out the nukes

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Sat Oct 13 12:50:59 PDT 2001

Tim wrote:

> Beside the point. I was commenting on the paranoid/misinformed rant that
> "use of bunker bunkers" means "use of nuclear bunker busters."

Someone probably typed "Bunker Buster" into a search engine, and got
a lot of hits on the B61-11.

>> The junior Bush is very fond of small tactical nukes,

> You know this how?

In April, the media reported that the US was considering development of a
new small tactical nuke specifically tailored for use against "rogue
dictators" hiding in underground bunkers or heavily fortified command
centers, in violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and the
Comprehensive Test Ban treaty.

These would be used for, in the words of the director of Sandia,
"deterrence in the non-Russian world."

Since such research is currently illegal, Congress has tacked something
onto the 2001 Defense Authorization Bill mandating a study by DOE and DOD
into small-scale nuclear weapons use against dictators hiding in "hard and
deepy buried targets."

George W. Bush, John Warner, and Wayne Allard, are the culprits here.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+