FBI myopia == crypto/steganography?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Oct 13 10:43:39 PDT 2001

On Friday, October 12, 2001, at 02:06 PM, citizenq at hushmail.com wrote:

> Perhaps just more evidence that the problem has been enough meat-based
> intelligence to understand the shit that's just sitting around in plain
> sight.
>
> The biggest contribution to the disaster of 9/11 was "Intelligence"
> ineptness, and the 2nd biggest threat to this country is "Intelligence"
> blaming it on our 'freedom' (disintegrating though it may be.)
>
>> To: cypherpunks at lne.com
>> Subject: NPR Story Yesterday
>>
>> A writer for the Voice ( if I heard it correctly ) talked about a
>> computer captured in Manila that was supposedly used by Ramzi Yousef.
>> He
>> said that there were documents that described hijacking planes and
>> flying them into prominent buildings.
>>
>> This information was turned over to the FBI in 1995 or 1996.
>>
>> I hope with expanded powers for surveillance and searches that they can
>> gather better information and shorten the analysis period.

Most of the above is nonsense.

I heard about the plan to hijack and crash 8 jetliners back when the
arrests were made. It was well-covered in the press.

To now claim that this is just now being publicized is ludicrous and
credulous.

--Tim May, Corralitos, California
Quote of the Month: "It is said that there are no atheists in foxholes;
perhaps there are no true libertarians in times of terrorist attacks."
--Cathy Young, "Reason Magazine," both enemies of liberty.