FBI myopia == crypto/steganography?

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Fri Oct 12 15:25:55 PDT 2001

citizenq at hushmail.com wrote :

> Perhaps just more evidence that the problem has been enough
> meat-based intelligence to understand the shit that's just
> sitting around in plain sight. The biggest contribution to
> the disaster of 9/11 was "Intelligence" ineptness, and the
> 2nd biggest threat to > this country is "Intelligence"
> blaming it on our 'freedom' (disintegrating though it may be.)

We do have a problem with our faith in technology.

In all fairness though, I would bet that there are people in the Bureau
who are saying "I told you so." It's tough to compete for airtime and
budget no matter what organization you're talking about.

> 'freedom' (disintegrating though it may be.)

I assign the attacks on civil liberties to a sorry combination of panic
and opportunism. It's disgusting and shows how weak we are. If those
proposing these measures had any courage or honor or respect for their
country they would be eager to open a substantial debate both in public
and in session. Instead, they are using chaos and panic to avoid
responsibility. The brevity of the list of those who want to debate
these issues honestly is far more depressing than all of the violence of
the past month.

See the reports on the sales of anti-depressants and sleep aids.

Mike