Another precious moment from shrub...

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Oct 11 02:30:27 PDT 2001

    --

> > > Reminiscent of Reagan in his second term.

James A. Donald:

On 8 Oct 2001, at 12:33, Jamie Lawrence wrote:
> That would be the term that he became more and more
> comparable to Zippy the Pinhead.
>
> So, in your world, Latin America, all of Africa, most of
> the Middle east and just about all of the far east are safe
> for democracy and capitalism?

Shortly before that term, the servants of the soviet union
were waging war in Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Peru,
Afghanistan, Cambodia, and numerous other countries that have
slipped my memory, making democracy impossible.

During that term all these war efforts collapsed, or
diminished to a pale shadow of their former selves, making
democratic elections possible, elections that for the most
part returned governments far more capitalist than the
previous regimes.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     dMs8Ht5Amw3EJ/XR8FGZ7n0nocIlmOyHTc84GBe+
     4vP0f0vAH2BswH6CkQGgbe801RsROxdCpxvaCGdcq