Threat Recognition Testing (fwd)

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Fri Oct 5 13:30:19 PDT 2001

At 10:18 AM 10/5/01 -0700, mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:
>Very interesting and worth more reading. I would guess that even if it
>moves beyond the lab it will be treated like the polygraph. I wouldn't
>be surprised though if it is possible to train one's brain to move from
>state to state at will. Defocus your vision and visualize your training.

Maybe not; the arousal mechanisms they're measuring may be too automatic,
not subject to conscious control.  Then again, there are yogis who can
run their intestinal peristalsis backwards supposedly, and methods
to subvert the visceral reactions that polygraphs measure.

Its well known that pupils dilate in response to thing you like
and contract when thinking or seeing something you don't.  You
can try this in a mirror.