Threat Recognition Testing (fwd)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sat Oct 6 05:01:28 PDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:

> Very interesting and worth more reading. I would guess that even if it
> moves beyond the lab it will be treated like the polygraph. I wouldn't
> be surprised though if it is possible to train one's brain to move
> from state to state at will. Defocus your vision and visualize your
> training.

I think the capabilities claimed are bogus. What they claim for now is
describing bleeding edge functional neuroimaging, involving a clinical
setting with trained operators and lots of calibration, multi-Tesla
research fMRI imaging, and the like. Not a cheap setup, there are only a
few labs in the world who can do this.

It's hard to see a plain EEG (not even FFT EEG which at least can tell
which color you're thinking of, after lots of calibration) operated by
knuckledragger operators can achieve anything better than an unbiased coin
flip.