The United States of America vs. The Left Coast

Meyer Wolfsheim wolf at priori.net
Wed Nov 21 17:41:49 PST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Steve Schear wrote:

> I can't see any constitutional basis for the FDA (or much of the FAA or FCC
> regulations for that matter). Perhaps not regulating California marijuana
> clinics impacts marijuana clinics in other states: empty Commerce Clause
> justification.

Question to the lawyerly-types:

What would happen if California passed a law making seizure of marijuana
plants from an approved medical marijuana facility a criminal offense?

The local sheriff's department should then be responsible for preventing
such criminal raids by the DEA, and the agents involved should be arrested
and prosecuted.

How would this play out, both on the street and in the courts?

-MW-