FBI wants to believe in domestic terrorists.

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Nov 9 20:56:08 PST 2001

    --
James A. Donald:

On 9 Nov 2001, at 11:30, measl at mfn.org wrote:
> I may be a hate group, but I am NOT a _right wing_ hate
> group.

For the mentally slow, I guess I will have to explain my
little joke, thereby spoiling it.

Obviously, members of right wing extremist hate groups do not
think of themselves or their organizations as right wing, but
as centrist or moderate left, nor as hate groups, but as
nationalist.

Therefore if someone identifies himself as a member of a
right wing extremist hate group, this is intended
sarcastically.  In context, the implication was that the FBI
would call cypherpunks a right wing extremist hate group to
justify RICO or sedition charges, and the press would report
the matter accordingly.

Similarly, if someone thinks that Lenin should have gone
right ahead with war communism, that Stalin was too soft on
the kulaks, and that Pol Pot's economic program would have
worked just fine if it had not been sabotaged by the CIA, he
does not call himself, or think of himself, as a communist
totalitarian extremist, but as an advocate of economic
democracy.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     9Ik2FjgCHZhqotwiWNE+RxVjwUayQJtrS5Si17gJ
     4C3BriA+Vwcc4ajRZlPcSCwZpi9Q3VJ9E5Bp3K844