Maine National Guard bars Green Party leader from flying

"Jürgen A. Erhard" jae at jerhard.org
Tue Nov 6 19:46:47 PST 2001

    >> From Raymond D. Mereniuk:

    Blanc> :I kinda like a place where there is a rule of law and everything is
    Blanc> :totally predictable, something America appears to be moving away
    Blanc> :from at this moment.
    Blanc> ----------------------

    Blanc> But the situation *is* entirely predictable:

    Blanc> Some people in scary positions of responsibility do not
    Blanc> want to see, hear, or know The Truth, because they don't
    Blanc> know what to do about it.  It's all symbolism and familiar
    Blanc> stereotype - if you want to get by airport security,

    Blanc> .  wear an NYPD hat

    Blanc> .  put a U.S. flag pin on your jacket lapel or somewhere on
    Blanc> the top front of your clothing

If (which I expect in the current climate) the "Holy Old Glory"
amendment goes through, you should also take care not to spill any
food or drink on the pin.

    Blanc> .  if taking a book to read, be sure to change the cover to
    Blanc> one from those current books written by prominent
    Blanc> journalists or other liberal communications personalities

Or buy one of Tom Clancy's titles.

    Blanc> .  move in a calm manner - no sudden moves, say to help
    Blanc> with zippers or anything (remember: they don't trust you,
    Blanc> and only they are allowed to determine the course and
    Blanc> direction of your next step - any sign of too much or too
    Blanc> little self-confidence will be viewed with suspicion)

Though if you err, err on the side of submission...

    Blanc> .  as you pass by the armed guards, look in their eye,
    Blanc> smile sweetly, and say "I'm *so* glad you're here - I feel
    Blanc> safer now!"

But you have to *honestly mean it*... not even a hint of sarcasm.
They'll detect that.

    Blanc> .  at the ticket counter, when they ask for your ID, begin
    Blanc> with "baahaaahaaa".  They will respond with recognition and
    Blanc> relax a little.

That would backfire if I did it... don't think they have a file on
me... yet.

Bye, J

PS: Are we cynical bastards or what?  :-}

--
      Jürgen A. Erhard  (juergen.erhard at gmx.net, jae at users.sf.net)
                 Invasion!  http://invasion.jerhard.org