DMCA UCITA, where's the beef? (off topic)

cubic-dog dog3 at ns.charc.net
Thu Nov 1 04:24:55 PST 2001

Aside from Dimitry,

Has any "person" been successfully prosecuted under
the DMCA? or under UCITA? or any other of these
anti-piracy laws in the US?

Operation Sundevil took place a relatively long
time ago. We all hear dire warnings relative to
software piracy and rumors of the Secret Service
showing up and shutting a company down for bootleg
M$ Office products and such things. But has anything
like this actually happened?

Yes, I hear folks go on and on about Steve Jackson
Games, but I haven't seen anyone really concern themselves
too much about the millions of bootlegs of M$ and Adon'tBee
products in use in corporate america.

Where lies the truth?

anyone?