We've filed a motion to quash my subpoena from the DoJ

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Mar 30 19:04:15 PST 2001

Bill,
I apologize on behalf of my colleague. You are, of course, correct.

I didn't read the article before it was published (for reasons you can
imagine), and in fact I didn't catch that error before I sent it out. I've
forwarded your message internally.

To answer your question, no, editors don't do fact checking at daily or
supra-daily news orgs. Generally only magazines have fact-checkers;
everyone else relies on their reporters to do so.

-Declan