We've filed a motion to quash my subpoena from the DoJ

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Mar 30 14:48:16 PST 2001

Declan - Do you know how to reach this clueless reporter's editor?
Does Wired News _have_ editors that check this stuff out?

"Assassination Politics" is, of course, not a site, just an essay,
and while Bell may be an obsessive wacko, he does know the
technology well enough to know that digital cash and
anonymous remailers aren't sufficiently developed or deployed
to actually implement AP.  The web page that the article points to,
on John Young's Cryptome archive site, is not an assassination service,
but merely a copy of Bell's essay.

Given the current trial, this sort of irresponsible reporting is
not only potentially libelous, it could endanger Bell's
ability to get a fair trial if read by any potential jurors.

         Bill Stewart