Screwing Jim Bell and Cypherpunks

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Fri Mar 30 11:00:22 PST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Greg Newby wrote:

>The theory of a "movement" is part of the FUD surrounding Bell.  It's
>not that HE's assassinating people, but that his "followers" might.

blink blink.  Bell?  "followers?"

While I'm willing to be polite to most people on mailing lists,
and occasionally find interest in the things (especially the
things contrary to established rules of "sanity") that they say,
I cannot *imagine* anyone actually becoming a "follower" of a
person such as Jim Bell.  Even setting aside for a few moments
the inherent goofiness of AP (which they seem to be implying that
this is about) Bell simply doesn't exhibit any leadership
characteristics.  At least not in anything I've read.

His writings give me the impression of a man too antisocial to
remain on good terms with any would-be "followers."

			Bear