Gun Activists Have A Stake Against FilteringSoftware[Censorware]

Harmon Seaver hseaver at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 22 06:17:23 PST 2001

     In the city I presently live in, Oshkosh, WI, we have a system of city
government in which we have no real representation whatsoever. The city
council is elected at large -- meaning we have no ward alderman, and, in fact,
most of the time all the council members are from the newer burbs where the
more affluent live. The city council then elects the mayor. This is a city of
just over 50K.
      This is supposed to be "progressive".  I can't wait until the states and
the fed go this route. Seems to me to be totally unconstitutional -- taxation
w/o representation to the core -- but what do I know.